Due to the current developments in the Corona crisis, the German Courses Passau summer courses in 2020 will not take place.
The course takes place in line with Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Following levels are offered:
Course levels A1 and A2
Description: Basic use of language
Target Group: for beginner with little or no prior German knowlegde
A1 – Beginner:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce themselves and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where they live, people they know and things they have.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
A2 – Elementary:
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
Course levels B1 and B2
Description: Independent use of language
Target Group: for participants with prior German knowledge
B1 – Intermediate:
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
B2 – Upper Intermediate:
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Course level C1
Description: Proficient use of language
Target Group: for participants with a sound German knowledge
C1 – advanced:
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer clauses, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
Come to Germany and find friends from all over the world!
The leisure programme during our summer courses offers you many opportunities to get to know Germany's culture, landscape and people. During the offered extracurricular activities new friendships are made that last well beyond the language course
Many of our students not only come to Passau to learn German but also to spend their holidays in beautiful Passau, to meet new people and to carry out exciting activities. In addition to the German courses we therefore offer exciting trips, organise parties, make picnics and barbecues on the popular Innwiese directly at the river and much more ...
All activies are organised and managed by GCP tutors (students from the University of Passau). Following activities are planned (included in the course fee):
- Welcome party
- Passau City tour
- Boat trip on Danube and Inn
- Visit to a typical Bavarian brewery
- Farewell party
And there is much more, such as sports activities and lectures.
We also offer other activities, such as a day trip to Munich. These are not included in the course price.