Terms and Conditions for the summer courses*
(1) These terms and conditions apply to the participation in the summer courses offered by German Courses Passau (GCP), a unit of the University of Passau.
(2) Where these Terms and Conditions do not make specific provisions, the general legal provisions of the Federal Republic of Germany apply. Any legal case arising from this contract shall be heard in Passau, unless another court of jurisdiction is prescribed by law.
§2 Contract conclusion
(1) You may apply for a place on our Summer Courses via our website. Your application will be binding and subject to these Terms and Conditions. By applying, you confirm that you have taken note of these Terms and Conditions.
(2) Once your application has been processed, an automatically generated e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you indicated. To finalise the application, you must click the confirmation link in that e-mail, which confirms your e-mail address. The contract is concluded as soon as you click on this link. A letter confirming your participation in the course will be sent to you when the total amount due is received in the University's bank account.
(3) It is your personal responsibility to apply for and obtain an entry visa and to take out suitable health, accident and personal liability insurance. The University does offer assistance in these matters.
§3 Number of course participants
The number of places on each course is usually limited. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
§4 Course fees
(1) The tuition fee for the course is EUR 590.00. This fee and any additional costs and charges must be paid into the University's bank account within 20 working days of conclusion of the contract.
(2) The University of Passau reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee in the amount of the total tuition fee if your notice of cancellation reaches us less than four weeks prior to the start of the course. To cancel your participation, you must give written notice.
§5 Changes to the course dates or programme
(1) The University of Passau reserves the right to cancel courses up to 4 weeks prior to their scheduled start if the number of applications is less than the minimum number of participants. In this event, you will be reimbursed in full. Moreover, in exceptional circumstances, courses may have to be cancelled at short notice (e.g. due to illness of the course director or flooding, etc.). The tuition fees will then be waived and any fees already paid reimbursed in full.
(2) Any further claims against us, particularly for reimbursement of expenses incurred (e.g. for hotel reservations or travel tickets) are excluded.
(3) We also reserve the right to make reasonable changes to the course programme for important reasons, including a change of teacher.
§6 Participants' details and data protection
(1) We wish to point out that the personal details you submit to the University of Passau are stored in machine-readable form on the University's computer systems for the purposes of the object of the contract. This information is treated as confidential.
(2) By submitting the application you consent to the collection, processing and use of your data for the purpose of this application.
(3) You also consent to the storage of the data you provide for the statutory retention period (i.e. three months) after conclusion of the course to enable us to provide individualised assistance. These data will not be made available to any third parties and you have the right to revoke your consent at any time by giving written notice.
*Only the German version of this document is legally binding; this translation is only intended to assist your understanding.
Account holder: Universität Passau
Bank: Sparkasse Passau
IBAN: DE52 7405 0000 0240 2512 49
BIC: BYLADEM1PAS, SWIFT: BYLADEMM
The reference should be "GCP21 + family name". Please do not forget to fill in your family name!